Monday, July 15, 2013

3 Quick and Easy Summer Smoothies

Hello my Fellow Foodies!!!!


    I know it's been a really long time since the last time I posted on my blog. I have had a lot going on and I haven't really been cooking a lot. I have been using my NINJA blender a lot lately. The whole food juicing concept has fascinated me for a really long time. So what I've been doing as a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch is making these smoothies. It keeps me full and satisfied until my next meal or smoothie and it also gives me so much energy. So without further adieu here are the recipes that I've been using for the past 2 months:


Pina Colada Smoothie w/ a Twist

2 cups of frozen pineapples ( I used Trader Joe's tidbits, they blend easier to me)
1 can of coconut milk or you can use the refrigerated coconut milk (I've used both)
1 tbsp. whole flax seeds (optional)
1 handful of spinach (I prefer baby spinach)
1 lime ( add juice to taste)
honey (optional)
1/2 of a frozen banana

Directions:

 Place everything in your blender and blend away until you get the consistency that you want. You can add some cold water to thin it out if too thick. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy.

P.S.- the twist in the recipe is the spinach and lime juice. If you have children it's a good way of sneaking in veggie's. ;)P


Peach Mango and Kale Smoothie

1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 of frozen banana
1/2 cup of kale (2-3 stalks)
1 cup of almond milk or any milk that you prefer
1 tbsp. whole flax seed (optional)
honey (optional)

Directions:

   Place everything in the blender and blend. Make sure you blend it enough or you'll be chewing kale and flax seeds. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy. Before I forget and quick tip about using kale, if you use Tuscan kale make sure you blend very well because you may end up chewing your smoothie instead of drinking it. Trial and error on my part.



Mixed Berry and Spinach Smoothie

1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 1/2 cup of almond milk or any milk that you prefer
1 cup of spinach ( I prefer baby spinach)
1/2 frozen banana
1 tbsp. whole flax seeds (optional)
honey (optional)

Directions:

 Place all of your ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to blend because of the seeds from the berries and the flax seeds. Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy.



You can add or subtract anything in these recipes. Just get in the kitchen and experiment!!! Doesn't hurt to try something different. Also, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients just omit them and replace them with what you can eat.


HAPPY BLENDING!!!! :)